|Walt Disney World|
As you may or may not know, James and I are graduating college in May of next year (which means the title and domain name of this blog may change eventually, but I certainly won't be deserting it). Naturally, as big Disney fans, we want to take a celebratory graduation trip. When Disney Cruise Line came out and said that the Disney Magic would be sailing out of New York, and the maiden New York voyage would be May 25, 2012, I jumped at the chance. I contacted my travel agent to book a cabin for me, and 24 hours later, I had an inside cabin on an 8-night cruise to the Bahamas. Naturally, the deposit I put on the room is refundable until 90 days before the trip... which is a loooong time from now.
However, while planning our August trip (which will be a Disney Cruise/Walt Disney World extravaganza), I've found myself getting more and more obsessed with Walt Disney World. I had temporarily switched into a Disney Cruise obsessed mode, but the WDW side is slowly getting me back. That in addition to talking to Matt Hochberg on episode 14 of Generation Mouse about Star Wars Weekends has got me wanting to go to WDW in May of 2012 instead of doing the cruise. So I need your help to decide what to do. Here are some of my thoughts...
- The Disney Magic will be sailing out of New York, which is really convenient since we won't have to fly to get there. It'll just be a short drive from our houses.
- The cruise will be a nice, relaxing trip right after finals and right before (hopefully!) getting into the working world.
- The cruise includes one day at Walt Disney World, with a park hopper. This day would be crazy commando in order to be as productive as possible.
- The cruise includes four sea days, which may become old after a while... we're not really relaxed people who enjoy sitting at the pool all day. Also, I won't be able to drink, since I won't be 21, and supposedly that's a lot of the fun on cruises.
- On the other hand, there's always a ton of stuff to do on cruises, especially on sea days, and in general, they're always really fun. I love going on cruises.
- I have already taken three Disney cruises, and James and I will be taking our first Disney cruise together in August. We've also been on a bunch of other cruises in the past.
On Walt Disney World...
- This trip would fall over Star Wars Weekends, which we have never been to.
- Walt Disney World is really our biggest love, and if we don't do this trip, there will probably be at least a year and a half between WDW trips.
- If we decide to definitely do this trip, we'll be getting annual passes this August... which may possibly lead to even more trips. Also it's just awesome in general.
- I've been to WDW ten times (it will be eleven in August), and James has been four times (five in August).
Most importantly of everything, both trips are roughly the same cost, although the WDW trip may possibly be less if we can get good AP discounts. So what does everyone think? Please let me know any and all thoughts in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook. We're really undecided, so we're looking for as many opinions as we can get.