Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review: ABC Commissary


Chicken bleu sandwich
Unfortunately, we did not start the dining on our January trip off with a bang.  We started it at ABC Commissary because James was really hungry, and it was the closest to where we were.  Nothing on the menu interested me in the least, so I went with the "Surf and Turf," which was essentially a cheeseburger with three fried shrimp on top.  James had what I believe was the chicken bleu sandwich.  I got a side of apple slices, and James got fries.  Since we were on the dining plan, our dessert choices were chocolate mousse or strawberry parfait.  Of course we went with the mousse.  After we ordered, I grabbed a table while James waited for the food.

Surf and turf burger
I did not have high expectations for my meal by any means, so I wasn't surprised that the burger was bland.  Obviously no Disney burger can hold a candle to the ones at Pecos Bill's or Beaches and Cream (I don't care what you say... those burgers are different!).  I don't eat seafood, so James ate the shrimp off my burger.  He loves shrimp, but he didn't like these at all.  He said the chicken bleu sandwich was okay.  I mostly just ate my apple slices and some of his fries.  On the bright side, the chocolate mousse dessert was really good!  And later that night, we went to the Magic Kingdom, and I had an ice cream soda for my real dinner!

Chocolate mousse - yum!
Unfortunately, ABC Commissary seemed like another Hollywood Studios counter service miss for us.  I wasn't into the menu, so I was stuck with the burger.  And James had a decent dinner, but it was nothing special.  I'm sure there are people who like ABC Commissary, and when it's hot, it's air conditioned, but I'm not sure we'll be returning any time soon.

What do you think of ABC Commissary?  Do you eat there often?  What do you usually order?  Let me know your thoughts in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to find a single person who actually likes the ABC Commissary. I'm sure there are, but I've found that most guests that eat there do so out of necessity. I've never understood why they don't change their menu.

    ReplyDelete