Monday, May 30, 2011

Inexpensive Table Service?

For those of you who haven't been, Beaches and Cream isn't only fabulous because of its food... it's fabulous because of its prices.  How many other table services restaurants have every entree under $15?  In fact, the only thing on the menu above $15 is the infamous Kitchen Sink. 

Since James and I aren't on free dining, we have to watch what we're spending as far as meals go.  Our only "big" meal is going to be La Hacienda de San Angel (and possibly Ohana), and the rest we'd like to watch what we're spending.  Our problem is that we're not quite sure which table service restaurants are similar to Beaches and Cream in price.  We hope to eat at Beaches and Cream once on our trip, and I know that the Plaza is similar as far as price goes.  What other table service restaurants are priced for college students?  Is it possible for people to eat table service once a day on a budget?  Are there enough restaurants?

I need your help!  Let me know about inexpensive table service restaurants in a comment, on Twitter (@amandaenchanted... note the new Twitter handle!), or on Facebook!  Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!
 

6 comments:

  1. Hm I was going to suggest the plaza... the prices are similar to counter service, but the sandwiches are better and there's unlimited free ice water and some a/c to enjoy! I have the Disney Food Blog e-book and some of the other places they list as good value when you're NOT on the dining plan (besides beaches and cream and the plaza) are the liberty tree tavern, 50's prime time cafe, trail's end and cape may cafe if you want a character meal. You might want to check those out! (I totally recommend the e-book by the way... I thought I knew a lot about Disney dining but I learned lots!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I noted all the restaurants you mentioned, thanks! I'm definitely thinking about buying the Disney Food Blog book because I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Beaches and Cream for a relatively inexpensive table service meal. The prices at ESPN Zone at Boardwalk aren't that bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Beaches and Cream too! I'll have to check out the menu at ESPN Zone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaches and Cream is such a great idea. I have only eaten the ice cream there but not the entrees. I'll have to stop by there next time!

    ReplyDelete