Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Karamell Kuche

Chocolate caramel apple!
Back in January when we went to Walt Disney World, I was excited about a lot of dining opportunities, but one that I had completely forgotten to look forward to was Karamell Kuche.  Luckily, it was suddenly remembered when we walked past the Germany pavilion.  We were still quite full from our lunch at Via Napoli, but we stopped to go inside.  After browsing, we left, but we were hardly to the China pavilion when I knew we needed to go back and get something!

For those of you who don't know what Karamell Kuche is, you've been missing out!  It's a semi-new caramel store in the Germany pavilion in Epcot.  It's run by Werther's, and EVERYTHING is delicious!  In the relatively small area of the store, not only are all the delicious treats displayed, you can also see the cast members making caramel treats!  It's so cool to see the different things being dipped in caramel!  Also, there are prepackaged candies that you can buy.

I was able to have two different snacks at Karamell Kuche on two different days.  It is important to note that some of the items do change from day to day, so if you see something you want, buy it while it's there!  On our first trip to Karamell Kuche, we purchased a chocolate caramel apple (pictured above).  As with all coated apples in Walt Disney World, the cast members will slice it for you if you plan on eating it right away.  We had ours sliced, and it was absolutely delicious!  Definitely a good snack to share between two people!  Coated apples are one of my favorite treats at Walt Disney World.  On our second visit to the store, I got a chocolate covered strawberry with caramel drizzle.  Although this was more a chocolate treat than a caramel treat, it was absolutely delicious!  Other items sold at Karamell Kuche included cupcakes, fudge, cookies, and the famous caramel corn.  I don't really like caramel corn, so I didn't try it, but I haven't heard anything but rave reviews!

If you've never been to Karamell Kuche, it's a must try.  Even if you only get a $3 cupcake or bag of caramel corn, I know you won't be sorry.  If you have a tiny bit more money to spend, I highly recommend the apples (there are varieties other than just chocolate covered)!  You'll thank me once you try it!

Have you ever been to Karamell Kuche?  What are your favorite caramel covered treats?  Let me know your thoughts on this delicious store in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit I never knew they would slice your apples for you.
    I am dying to try Karamel Kuche, and am slightly bummed I'll next be seeing it in August, where caramel will be melting all over me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will still be worth it, despite the meltiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaa? No idea this place existed. That looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sort of new... so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious, a heaven of disney sweetness lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was! You must visit if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chocolate covered caramel topped with sea salt...so good. As well as the chewy wherthers bar. Its a shortbread cookie topped with a mix of caramel and nuts. Delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you get these caramels in Magic Kingdom?

    ReplyDelete