Friday, February 25, 2011

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You

Welcome to those of you joining me from Magical Memory Planners.  I am the second stop on our Magical Blogorail.

For those of you who are unaware, the Magical Blogorail is a "loop" of blogs that focus on one topic for one Friday each month.  There are currently three blogorail loops and a fourth in the making, and I am part of Blogorail Green.  This week's topic is to introduce myself, my blog, and what inspired me to start a blog.  So if you don't care much about the blog and just want your regularly scheduled posts, those will begin again on Monday!

For those of you who are curious about me, as you may know, my name is Amanda, and I'm a (gasp!) college student.  I had been wanting to start a blog for a while in the spring of 2010, but I wasn't quite sure what to start a blog about.  Also, I had a Twitter, but I didn't use it for much at all.  Then, Betamouse started.

I had been listening to Disney podcasts for a little while, so I was interested in Betamouse.  I'm not sure it was anything the hosts of Betamouse said in particular, since this epiphany happened before their episode about blogging, but while listening to them, I realized that if I wanted a blog, I needed a niche.  And college students who love Disney is a niche.

Thus the Disney College Blog was born.  I also started following many of the people that I now call friends on Twitter, which helped me get the word out about the new blog.  And it definitely didn't hurt that I reviewed Betamouse in my second post.  Although the blog started as a place to talk about how Disney could relate to college, the blog is now for anyone of any age or education level.  In fact, I started a similar project in podcast form with a few friends... check out Generation Mouse if you're interested.  If this is your first time visiting my site, I try to post three times a week when life allows.  Look around, and if you like what you're reading then stay a while!  And for those of you who are my loyal readers, as I said earlier, your regularly scheduled posts will begin again on Monday!


Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is A Disney Mom's Thoughts.


Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
2nd Stop: The Disney College Blog
  

13 comments:

  1. Hello from Monorail Yellow! I've been a long-time reader of your blog so it's great to finally meet you.

    - Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool!! I had no idea you were the one behind Generation Mouse! :) I must have missed that along the way. I've downloaded your first 2 podcasts and look forward to listening!! This'll be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever get the wild hair about podcasting, look for me to get with you for advice on what it takes! Thanks Amanda, great post!

    Mickey
    www.mydreamsofdisney.com
    Magical Blogorail Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to learn more about you. I look forward to blogging with you!

    Allison
    MagicalMemoryPlanners.com
    Magical Blogorail Green

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also been a long time reader and have really enjoyed many of your posts, especially your recent trip reports. Good luck with the new podcast! I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have a college blog. I wish there would have been one when I was in college! You do an wonderful job! I hope you have a happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the support everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great intro! I remember back when I was planning my Spring Break trip my senior year of college, most "Disney College" info was about the college program.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to say, "Hi!" It's nice to meet you & I look forward to more of your Green posts! I write about educational aspects of Disney at my blog, so I'd be interested to talk to you more about Disney & college stuff :)

    ~Jodi Whisenhunt
    www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school - Blogorail Yellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amanda, I'm so glad you've joined Blogorail Green. Can't wait to read more of your posts. http://ow.ly/43l9x

    ~Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from Blogorail Red. Nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to your future post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous that you are starting your Disney journey so young. Welcome aboard the Magical Blogorail.

    BruceWDW
    A World View
    Magical Blogorail Rd

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.orlando-florida-holidays.com/Disney-Orlando-Story.html

    ReplyDelete