Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review: Pecos Bill's

Pecos Bill's Ordering Kiosk
I let my sister choose which counter service restaurant I should blog about today, and she chose Pecos Bill's because it's one of her favorites.  And it's one of mine too!  Previously to our most recent trip, I had only ordered burgers there because they're delicious!  But on our last trip, in August, I decided to switch it up and order the infamous "bowl of meat" (more commonly known as taco salad).

Pecos Bill's can get crazy crowded, especially during busy times of year, but the place is huge.  They're one of the few places on property with ordering kiosks (see blurry picture to the left), and I found them very easy to use.  We simply pressed the buttons for what we wanted, and scanned our card through since we were paying with dining plan credits.  Then we took our receipt up to the counter, where they were already putting together our meal.  As I said, I ordered the taco salad, and James ordered the pulled pork sandwich.  Since we were on the dining plan, we were able to order desserts as well, but they weren't great.  The only two choices were yogurt and carrot cake, so we settled for the yogurt.  It was good, but it was nothing exciting.

Blurry photo of my bowl o' meat.
Of course the main event of Pecos Bill's is the fixin's bar.  And the main event of the fixin's bar is the hot cheese.  I love the hot cheese, and I put tons of it on my taco salad.  In fact, as a result of the fixin's bar, be warned that if you order the taco shell, you will be given a large bowl of meat in a big tortilla bowl.  They expect that you'll top it yourself, so don't be alarmed if your taco salad looks a little naked.  I decided to put lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese on my taco salad, while James just took some ketchup for his fries.  Other toppings bar options include other condiments, grilled onions, and pickles.

I have nothing bad to say about our entrees at Pecos Bill's because they were awesome!  In fact, the only negative I could think about for this restaurant is the "meh" dessert options.  But that's certainly no reason to skip it, and most people don't get desserts at counter service restaurants anyway.  Entrees at Pecos Bill's range from $7 to $9, and you can see the menu here on allears.net.

What do you think of Pecos Bill's?  Love it?  Hate it?  Say it Peeeeee-kos Bill's like Matt Hochberg?  What do you usually order?  And do you love the hot cheese as much as I do?  Let me know your thoughts on Pecos Bill's in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!

This post was featured in the fifteenth DisMarks.com Disney Blog Carnival! Click the link to see more great Disney articles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment