Wednesday, December 8, 2010

January Trip Schedule!

 It's true, another trip is rapidly approaching for us!  We have a tentative schedule, but it could change at the drop of a hat with my indecisive self in charge of it.  Let me know if you'll be in the area when I'm down; I'd love to have some kind of tweet up!  Anyway, on with the schedule!

Sunday, January 2:  It's cheaper to fly in on the 3rd, but the 3rd is my birthday, and I insisted that it would be a no travel day.  We're flying in on Southwest, and hopefully we'll be at the resort and checked in by 2:30-ish.  We'll probably hit Epcot first and eat at Via Napoli or Beaches and Cream for dinner.  We want to explore the Boardwalk/Beach Club area (especially the Christmas decorations!), and then we'll head over to the Studios for the Osborne Lights.  After our fill of the Lights, we'll probably head over to Magic Kingdom evening extra magic hours for a while until we head back to go to sleep.

Monday, January 3:  My birthday!  I decided that my birthday would be our Epcot rope drop day, since Epcot is my favorite park.  We'll spend at least the first part of the day in Epcot, and then play the rest by ear until dinner.  Thanks to all the suggestions from my readers a while back, we will have dinner at the California Grill, which I am totally excited to try!  Hopefully it'll be a great day!

Tuesday, January 4:  This is our Magic Kingdom day since we have an 8:30 am ADR at Crystal Palace (although I'm secretly aiming to arrive closer to 8:15, so we can get in the park sooner and, after breakfast, on rides sooner).  I may face my fears and ride Space Mountain, and I may not.  Regardless, it will certainly be an excellent day!

Wednesday, January 5:  Hopefully we'll start this day with a Keys to the Kingdom tour!  We haven't booked it yet (James should be booking it tomorrow as his birthday present to me!), but we're hoping for the 9 am tour on this day.  Other than that, we have no concrete plans besides an ADR at Yachtsman for dinner!

Thursday, January 6:  This might be the only day that we really have packed.  We decided that we didn't need a whole day for the Studios (we don't do the big, scary, time-consuming-line rides) or for Animal Kingdom, so we're going to combine them.  We'll hit the Studios first for Toy Story Mania (which was closed during our August trip), Muppets (which was closed from technical difficulties on that trip), and hopefully some of the shows that we didn't get to see in August (because it's far too hot to sit in those outdoor theaters in August).  Then we'll head over to Animal Kingdom to see Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo (both of which I've never seen!).  We're not sure exactly when we're going to transition from the Studios to the Kingdom or even if this plan will work.  For all we know, we'll need a nap after the Studios part and hit up Animal Kingdom another day.  We'll see how that goes.  We also have dinner that night at Kona, and I was hoping we could catch the Electrical Water Pageant after, since we've never seen it.

Friday, January 7:  This is James' 21st birthday, so I decided that his birthday present from me would be dinner at Bistro de Paris (because he loves French food, and it's a present because I would be paying cash, since they don't accept (our free) dining credits).  Other than that, it's up to James.  We really have no plans for the day unless he decides to try to drink around the World.  If he does, I'll be following him around, watching and making sure he doesn't make any bad decisions.  Epcot does have evening extra magic hours this day, so we may be hanging out there for a while.

Saturday, January 8:  Our last full day... already?  This is really an open book day, but we'll probably spend some of it at Epcot since we have a lunch ADR at Le Cellier (the only restaurant on this trip that we've already been to... well except Via Napoli and Beaches and Cream, but we wouldn't use dining credits for those anyway).  Originally I had a dinner ADR at Biergarten for this day (and I still do, but we're not sure if we're going to use it), but we loved our lunch at Le Cellier so much in August, we just needed to go back!  Other than the lunch and the possible dinner, Saturday is really an open book.

Sunday, January 9:  Now it's time to say goodbye...  Disney's Magical Express will be picking us up bright and early to take us back to reality.  Hopefully by then we'll have another trip in our minds, to distract us until next time!

So that's our trip!  IllumiNations will certainly be in there somewhere (possibly multiple times), and I also really want to see Yehaa Bob.  I'm sure we'll also want to go to Downtown Disney for a bit.  We'll play all that stuff by ear, though.  Again, if anyone will be around between January 2 - 9, let me know!

What do you think of my trip schedule?  Too planned?  Not planned enough?  What do you think of my ADRs?  Let me know your thoughts in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
  

7 comments:

  1. I like it! A bit organized a bit laid back. Have you checked out touringplans.com for crowds and such?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan to me! We'll be flying in the 6th so maybe we'll run into each other on the following 2 days before you guys leave. I think we'll be in Epcot Saturday night for dinner at Le Cellier before the marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I live and die by touringplans.com! The week should be pretty good, I think crowd levels between 2 and 5 throughout the week.

    DisneyGirlInNJ, cool, send me a tweet or something while we're down, and maybe we could meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lack of time in Hollywood Studios makes me sad.

    I hope I get to see you on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy that sounds wonderful. If you love Broadway and plays, you're going to LOVE Finding Nemo. It's the best! I've never done Festival of the Lion King but we may have to squeeze that into our next trip in October. Sounds like a plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be there the same time. We get there on the 3rd and leave for a 7 night cruise on the 8th! I will look for you while we are there! I think we will be at EMH at Epcot on Friday night too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt, we basically have a whole day if you include the Osborne Lights night! Maybe we'll discover a newfound love for it and stay the entire day and go to AK another time. =P I hope we get to see you too! By then, I'm sure your baby will have its own AP, right? Lol!

    Jessica, I've heard that both Finding Nemo and FOTLK are awesome, which is the main reason we'll be trekking all the way to Animal Kingdom!

    Goldeelox, awesome! Sounds like you're going to have an amazing trip too!

    ReplyDelete