Sunday, November 7, 2010

Food Spotlight: Burgers

Beaches and Cream burger, healthy stuff removed, of course.
There's nothing like a good burger when you're at Walt Disney World.  Although people say that the burgers are the same everywhere, I must disagree.  I've had burgers at many counter service locations in the World, and I must say, I have two big favorites.

Beaches and Cream, Beach Club Resort.  This is a table service restaurant at counter service prices.  I visited this restaurant for the first time in August, and I thought it was awesome.  Most people come here for the ice cream, but the burgers are awesome too!  You can order a single or double burger, and both are priced quite well.  There are also other entrees for the non-burger inclined.  The only warning I have is not to use credits here if you're on the dining plan.  You can get a much better value elsewhere.  At Beaches and Cream, shell out the nine dollars in cash or charge it to your room... you'll be saving yourself money in the long run if you use your credits somewhere more expensive.

Pecos Bill's, Magic Kingdom.  This counter service venue is probably a legend for people looking for good burgers.  The patties are 1/3 pounders, and you can get the epic Angus burger that has bacon and onion rings on top.  Yes, that's right... onion rings on top of your 1/3 pound burger.  Plus, there's the famous topping bar where you can top your burger with everything from lettuce to pickles to the deliciously terrible hot cheese.  You can not go wrong with a meal at Pecos Bill's, and especially not if that meal is a burger.  Another warning for dining plan guests: I have been known to use counter service credits here, but if the dessert portion of the meal is important to you, know that your only choices at Pecos Bill's are strawberry yogurt and carrot cake.

So there are two amazing places to get burgers.  Where are your favorite burgers located?  Do you agree with my choices, or do you have some different opinions?  Let me know what you think in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
 

9 comments:

  1. Of all the times I've been to WDW, I have yet to eat at Beaches & Cream.I'll try it out next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yak and Yeti has a VERY good burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Now I really want a burger! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily aka twenty3curlsNovember 8, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    I haven't eaten at Beaches and Cream, yet. But I'll be honest, I haven't *loved* any CS burger I've tried at WDW. The Fada Burger at Raglan Road is great! But, I've found the few CS burgers I've ordered to be too dry and over-cooked for my liking. I'm a pink, juicy burger kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walter, you should definitely try Beaches and Cream! It's adorable, and the food is great!

    Dana, Yak and Yeti, huh? Interesting place to get a burger.

    Emily, I've never been to Raglan Road, but it's on my to-do list. Not sure if you'll like Beaches and Cream if you haven't liked any counter service burgers so far, but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also recommend the burger at The Plaza Restaurant, and the burger at The Liberty Tree Tavern. (The former is available for both lunch and dinner. The latter is available only at lunch.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh, I've never been to either, but I'm putting them on my to-do list! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've never been to The Plaza?!? Hands down the best table service restaurant in MK. But if you haven't been there before, don't order the burger. Order the vegetarian sandwich, grilled reuben, or the chicken strawberry salad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, I've never eaten table service at the Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete