Sunday, October 17, 2010

Food Spotlight: Kaki-gori

Image (c) James

While on our August trip to Walt Disney World, someone asked me if my visit was different now that I had entered the Disney community.  It was, and one of the biggest ways was that I was informed of things I never would have thought twice about otherwise.  I never would have tried Tangierine Cafe or Beaches and Cream if I hadn't been a part of the Disney community.  I never would have been encouraged to ride Splash Mountain for the first time.  And, possibly most important of all, I never would have tried kaki-gori.

Kaki-gori may be essentially a snow cone, but it is literally the most delicious frozen treats I have ever enjoyed in my life.  I swear, I dream about kaki-gori!  My favorite is the cherry flavor, and I have a goal to buy a kaki-gori every time I pass the stand on my next trip.  The kaki-gori is located at its own little stand by the big pagoda in the Japan pavilion in Epcot.  According to allears.net, it is $3.28, and it is also a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan, though, deceivingly, it didn't say that on the sign when we were there.

The kaki-gori stand is extremely easy to walk past without a thought.  I wonder how many times in my life I did just that, even though the line can get very long on hot days.  But it definitely shouldn't be missed.  It is not your every day snow cone.  And it's pretty big, so you may want to share with a friend or family member!  Enjoy!

Have you ever had kaki-gori at Epcot?  Do you love it as much as I do?  What's your favorite flavor?  Let me know your thoughts on this delicious treat in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
 

4 comments:

  1. Wanted to try it but it wasn't a snack point and we were trying to use ours up. I bet it is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it for the first time at last December's WDW Today Reunion. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard people talk about it, but never actually knew what it was! Thanks for the review. I'll have to try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally, it is a snack credit!

    Dennis, it is sooooo good!

    Jessica, you definitely have to try it! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete