Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Check it out: Disney Tweetwatches

I'm not going to lie and say the Disney community doesn't amaze me on a regular basis because it does.  But one of the newest amazing things I've learned about recently is Disney tweetwatches.  You see, everyone gets together, watches a movie at the same time, and chats (or tweets) about it!  I just attended my first tweetwatch on Monday, and it was a blast!

Disney tweetwatches are run by Ryan from the Disney Film Project.  His blog is about watching all of the short and feature length films from the Walt Disney Company, and sometimes he shares the actual watching with his readers and friends.  He has tons of interesting knowledge about the different films, and he shares his facts during the tweetwatches!

The tweetwatch process is really very simple.  First, you are encouraged to "count yourself in" to the tweetwatch on Plancast (that link is for the next tweetwatch: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad).  Then you make sure you have the movie.  If you don't, you can either buy it, rent it, or watch it on Netflix if it is available.  Before the specified time (the next one is October 25 at 8:30 pm), head over to the tweetwatch Friendfeed room or get yourself set up on Twitter.  Then Ryan will say go, and everyone starts their movies!  And talks about them!  And has a great time!

Disney tweetwatches are an awesome time, and I highly encourage people to join in!  To get full information about the tweetwatches, follow Ryan on Twitter, follow the Disney Film Project blog, and for information on the Ichabod and Mr. Toad tweetwatch, head over to this page.  Then tune in and enjoy!

Have you participated in a tweetwatch?  Do you want to?  Which tweetwatches have your participated in?  Let me know your thoughts in a comment, on Twitter (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!
 

4 comments:

  1. I will join one of these tweetwatches no matter what! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you are too kind. Thanks so much for this. I'm so happy you had a great time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome, Ryan! I always love sharing the things I love with my readers. =)

    ReplyDelete