Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Via Napoli or Not To Via Napoli...

Image from Disneyfoodblog.com

I'm not going to lie, all of the Via Napoli hype has really gotten me thinking about trying to get a table on our upcoming trip.  Since the restaurant will be walk-up only, I have to admit the thought is rather appealing.  Hopefully not too many people know it's open yet, so the wait shouldn't be long, right?  The problem, however, is the price.  No Disney table service restaurants are cheap, but $16 for an individual pizza?  Yikes!  I am told that they take table service credits, and we do have free dining, but I already have all of our credits scheduled for other, ADR-ed dinners.  And neither of those are inexpensive either...

Overall, I'm trying to decide if popping into Via Napoli is worth it.  I do like Italian food, and while my boyfriend isn't a huge fan, he loves his pizza.  I thought it could be somewhat inexpensive if we shared one of those 20-inch pies.  $27 split amongst the two of us isn't terrible, I suppose.  From what I've heard, the pizza is very good, so it might be worth a shot.  But I'm not sure if I can get past the fact that I can get a meal and a drink at any pizzeria around here for less than five bucks.  I mean pizza's supposed to be cheap!  Sigh...

So what do you think?  Should my boyfriend and I become one of the exclusive few who got into Via Napoli in its first month open (assuming there isn't too long of a wait)?  Or should we just skip it and have enough pizza for a week for that $27 when we get home?  Let me know what you think in a comment, a tweet (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!  And remember, if I get 44 more Twitter followers in the next 13 days, I'll give away something straight from Walt Disney World!

8 comments:

  1. I've been debating the same dilemma for when my bf and I visit in September. I think we're going to go for it. I figure we only go on so many vacations like this we might as well live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe. I just can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm considering dining here on my next trip, also. It looks like a fun place to dine, and they appear to be making a good effort with the food. I'd really like to try the pizza, since I've never had good pizza at Disney World. (I'm from New Jersey, so I'm spoiled when it comes to good pizza and Italian food in general.)

    Please post a review if you decide to dine there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I've been debating this as well for my boyfriend and I. It is pretty pricey... but I have a friend who is going at the same time with her sister and cousins, and the only park we're doing together is Epcot. So we COULD split one of the 1/2 meter ones (there would be 6 of us)...

    My thing is that although I'm sure its very authentic pizza, I don't think its going to be pizza that I like (having NOT grown up eating authentic pizza). I'm very picky with my pasta but not so much with my pizza. From the reviews I read today the crust is VERY thin and burnt (on purpose charred?) and any time I've had pizza like that I haven't liked it at all and can't taste the toppings over the burnt taste of crust. I read two reviews today that said just that... the burnt crust was too overpowering. Maybe they just don't eat authentic pizza much either? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... true. Another thing to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you could split and individual size pizza just to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking that, but it seems like a waste because we'd both still be hungry.

    ReplyDelete