Monday, August 30, 2010

August Trip Report: Day 1

Alas, James still has the Segway picture, so I'll begin my trip report instead of doing the Segway post.  If you don't want to read about my trip report, your regularly scheduled blog posts will be returning in, well, approximately seven posts.

I awoke on the morning of August 17 possibly more excited than I've ever been in my life.  I was going to Disney World!  We soon (but not soon enough!) picked up James from his house, went to the airport (see picture on the left), and got on our plane!  Everything went according to schedule, and we arrived in Orlando around 3:30 pm.  We went to wait on line for Disney's Magical Express, and that whole part of the airport was absolutely empty.  I swear we were the only people waiting on line for all of Disney's Magical Express.  It was totally odd, but we soon got on a bus and left for our resort!  Our first stop was Coronado Springs, followed by All Star Sports, and then our resort:  All Star Music!  I love All Star Music!

Online check-in went extremely well (see my previous post), and we had our room assignment in no time.  Aside from the fact that our room was in the middle of nowhere (the second to last room in the back of the last building), we were pleased, and we decided it was time to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream!  We took the Hollywood Studios bus, and got on a Friendship boat there.  That took us to Beach Club, and after a little asking around, we made our way to Beaches and Cream.  We even got a table right away!

You can see the Beaches and Cream menu to the right.  We had never been before, and we both loved it!  We both got cheeseburgers, and we shared an ice cream soda for dessert - so good!  Look for a Beaches and Cream review coming soon!  After Beaches and Cream, James and I explored the Epcot resorts for a while.  James got lots of good pictures of the different resorts while the sun was setting.

As it got later, we headed over to Hollywood Studios, as we did have park admission for that first partial day.  We walked instead of taking a Friendship boat back, and it was really a nice walk.  We arrived and had time for one ride:  the Great Movie Ride of course!  Oddly enough, a girl I knew in elementary school was our guide on the ride.  Who'd have known?  After that, we headed over to see Fantasmic (for the first time!).  After waiting a ridiculous amount of time in a crowded, sweaty line - yuck! - we ended up getting great seats!  James and I had both never seen it, and we both loved it!  The first thing James said after it ended was, "that was amazing."  A+ in our books!

And finally, it was time to head back to the room and get to sleep for our Magic Kingdom day to come!

4 comments:

  1. While Fantasmic is a fine show, the line to get in is what bothers me. Since there are only 2 or 3 showings each week, each showing is jam-packed. I like the way you handled it though; going to DHS on an evening just to see Fantasmic is an idea I thought of after sitting for over an hour in the stadium after being at DHS all day.

    Sounds like a successful first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, agreed. And yeah, we originally weren't going to have a park day at all that first day, but it was only four more dollars to add an extra day to our MYW tickets. Four dollars to see Fantasmic was certainly worth it in our books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Beaches and Cream. We shared the Kitchen Sink but I've heard so many good things about the No Way Jose that I need to go back.

    We saw Fantasmic for the first time a few months ago. I was actually kind of disappointed. I'm wondering if I'm seeing the same show that everyone else is seeing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, it's too bad you were disappointed. James and I really liked it, but I must admit IllumiNations is still my favorite nighttime show.

    ReplyDelete