Monday, July 26, 2010

My Trip Schedule!

Since I don't have much time to write a post today, I interrupt your regularly scheduled informational blog post to bring you my August trip schedule!  Let me know what you all think!

Tuesday, August 17: Flying in on Southwest and taking Disney's Magical Express (no rental car for us!) to All Star Music. We're not sure where exactly we're eating, but it will be counter service, probably at the resort or at Hollywood Studios, since we're planning on seeing the second Fantasmic show at 10:30 (if it exists, I've been seeing contradictory info).

Wednesday, August 18: Our Magic Kingdom day! Getting there at rope drop and touring until a little after lunch time, most likely. Have to get our afternoon break in, or my boyfriend, James, gets cranky (not kidding!). That night we have dinner at Tokyo Dining. We've been before, and James loves it, so we're returning. After dinner, we'll monorail it back to the Magic Kingdom for Spectromagic, Wishes, and possibly a ride or two if possible.

Thursday, August 19: Epcot day number one! I managed to score an ADR for Le Cellier for lunch, and after that, we'll probably take our afternoon break. We'll return to Epcot and probably have a counter service dinner somewhere around the World Showcase (possibly Tangerine Cafe?) before IllumiNations.

Friday, August 20: Animal Kingdom day (or at least morning)! We'll tour until we've seen everything we want to see, and then we'll take our break. For dinner, we have an ADR at Coral Reef, and then the evening is open for anything. We'll already be in Epcot if we want to stay, or we might head over to Magic Kingdom for evening EMH. Then again, I'm not sure we'll want to stay out until 2 am because we have an early ADR the next day...

Saturday, August 21: Epcot day number two! We have an 8:35 ADR for Akershus! This is probably one of the meals I'm most looking forward to! I mean, princesses! Plus an empty Epcot to walk through! So awesome! We'll spend the first half of the day at Epcot, and then after our break, we'll head to Downtown Disney. I'll shop while James complains about me shopping, and we'll have dinner at Earl of Sandwich. I'm excited about that too! Then I'm hoping to catch a boat over to Port Orleans Riverside to see Yehaa Bob for the first time!

Sunday, August 22: This is our Hollywood Studios day! We'll spend the first half of our day there, and after our afternoon break, we have an ADR for Boma! After dinner, we'll probably explore the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then we'll have to choose between Epcot, seeing Fantasmic again, and Magic Kingdom not closing until midnight.

Monday, August 23: Such an exciting day! We have a 9 am reservation for the Around the World on a Segway tour! So awesome! After the tour, I left the day open to see whatever we missed/want to repeat/possibly touring the resorts. And the grand finale of our trip will be dinner at Jiko! This is the meal that I am the MOST excited about!

Tuesday, August 24: Departure day. Since our flight is at noon, Magical Express will pick us up at 9, leaving no time to do anything, really. But it will have been an awesome trip!

So that's that.  What do you think about my schedule?  My ADRs?  Want me to get back to my normal posts?  (I will on Wednesday, I promise!)  Let me know in a comment, a tweet (@discollegeblog), or on Facebook!  And remember, if I get 400 Twitter followers in the next 22 days (I need 61 more at the time of this writing), I'll give away merchandise straight from the World!
  

9 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Twitter and I love it! Your trip sounds like it's going to be super fun. So jealous of your Jiko ADR & the Segway tour...two things that I really, really want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try them too, sooo bad! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you'll write about the Segway Tour! It looks so fun.

    And your ADRs are making my stomach rumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds AWESOME!!! I can't wait to hear about the Segway Tour. I've always wanted to take it.

    We'll be returning just before your trip so it'll be nice to live vicariously through you to help battle the post-WDW blues. :)

    Great ADRs especially Le Cellier and Akershus! Favs of ours!! Walking through Epcot in the morning is magical. Not quite as magical as pre-opening stroll down Main Street. But pretty close! :)

    Good luck with the pre-trip stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of the Segway tour. I did the mini lesson in Innoventions and it was great. Have you ever tried one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope! I'm kinda nervous but excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good, but of course, I have a few comments:
    I think LeCellier for lunch is a great idea, wish I thought of it my last trip.
    Not sure about Coral Reef - you might try to get Chefs de France. Very romantic and a really nice dinner.
    Can't go wrong with Earl of Sandwich - hit that twice our last trip. Or with Boma, can't beat it and we went both breakfast and lunch last time. Doing Sanaa this fall.
    Last, Segway - LOVE THIS. Did both Epcot and Fort Wilderness. It's a blast - trade foot rubs after.
    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete