Monday, April 19, 2010

Review: Tokyo Dining

Image (c) Disney

The Japan pavilion in Epcot is one of my favorites.  I love looking at all the Japanese merchandise and learning about the culture.  I love the kimonos, and I have to be repeatedly reminded that I don't really have the need for one and probably shouldn't buy one.  And I love the food.

There are two table service restaurants in the Japan pavilion:  Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining.  I have never eaten at Teppan Edo, though I would love to in the future, but I really enjoy Tokyo Dining.  Whereas Teppan Edo is a hibachi style meal, Tokyo Dining is a more traditional dining experience.  I highly recommend this restaurant to those who like Japanese food.

I really enjoyed my food at Tokyo Dining and so did everyone I was with.  One person in our party had a food allergy, and a chef came out from the kitchen to let him know that he was aware of the allergy and what foods, if any, he should stay away from.  I have heard that chefs do this at most, if not all, restaurants in Walt Disney World, but I still think it's really great and reassuring.  This is just an example of the amazing customer service at Disney parks, and it gave us a good first impression of the restaurant.

But back to the food!  We began our meal with an appetizer of edamame, which I love, and it was great for a starter.  Then a few of us chose steak teriyaki as an entree, while others had sushi.  I personally chose the steak, and it was delicious.  I really enjoyed it, as did the others in our party that chose it.  Those who chose sushi also were not disappointed.  I am told that the sushi was delicious as well, though I did not try any.  Since we were on the dining plan when we visited Tokyo Dining, I know we must have had dessert, but I can't seem to remember what we ate.  I'm sure it didn't disappoint, however, because all the food that I do remember was fantastic.

We enjoyed Tokyo Dining so much that we have a reservation booked for our next trip.  Reservations don't seem to fill up extremely quickly at this restaurant, but if you would like to eat there, I would make a reservation anyway, just to be safe.  Your average dinner will probably cost around $20 - $35 per person, based on if you wanted appetizers and desserts, and you can see the menu here on wdwinfo.com.  The menu is pretty extensive, so everyone can find something they like.  Even if you aren't a sushi person, you'll enjoy their other selections.  I know I did.

Have you ever eaten at Tokyo Dining?  How was your experience?  Do you prefer Teppan Edo?  Let me know in the comments or send me a tweet @discollegeblog!

No comments:

Post a Comment