Monday, April 12, 2010

Review: Sci-Fi Dine In

Photo (c) Disney

When it comes to restaurants, some have a better atmosphere than others.  When it comes to great atmosphere for people of all ages (college students included!), the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios is way up there.  I ate there last August, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

If you've never been to Sci Fi, you're seated in what appears to be a convertible in a drive-in movie theater.  Each row in the car seats two people comfortably and could seat three if at least one is a child.  It's "horror" night at the drive-in while you eat, but don't worry if you're scared easily.  The clips shown on the large screen might have been scary in the 50s and 60s when they were made, but they aren't now.  Most are just silly.  Your food is sometimes served by waiters and waitresses on roller skates, and it's really overall a great time.

People generally say that the food at Sci Fi is average, and I have to say that my experience was in line with that.  My boyfriend, on the other hand, thought that his meal was delicious.  Then again, I had the ribs, which I'm not that much of a fan of in general (hey, I wanted to try them!), and for the record, he had the beef and blue salad (sliced butcher-tender steak with a wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes and bacon according to the menu on allears.net).  I would say to check the menu before you go to make sure you like what they have, but even if you get there and your food is just mediocre, it's not too expensive, and I believe it's worth it for the atmosphere.  If you're really concerned about it, I'd say go for dessert only, and soak up the atmosphere while eating a sundae or slice of cheesecake.  The atmosphere alone is a blast, and I would definitely go back.

At allears.net, you can find the lunch menu, dinner menu, and kid's menu.

Have you ever been to the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater?  What did you think of it?  What other restaurants at the Studios do you like?  Let me know in the comments!  Also, if you have any suggestions for future posts, let me know as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment