Friday, April 23, 2010

Follow Friday, Pixar News, and a Belated Happy Birthday

It's a busy Friday!  We've got a Follow Friday suggestion, an awesome announcement from Disney and Pixar, and a belated birthday wish from me to Disney's Animal Kingdom.  So enough with this introduction and on with the show!

Follow Friday!

Image from Disney Report

On today's Follow Friday, I'd like to recommend Disney Report.  As they describe themselves, they "scan Disney-related sites around the web to bring you breaking Disney news in a simple, easy to navigate format."  And that's honestly the best way to explain this blog.  According to my Google reader, they post roughly five times a week, and each post is simply a list of articles relevant to every aspect of the Disney company.

The list is easy to sort through, you don't have to read articles that don't interest you, and there is the additional amusement of clever titles added to indicate the author's opinions of a subject.  I love the fact that I can skip over articles about, say, Disneyland and go right to news about Toy Story 3 or the World Showcase in Epcot.

Overall, I believe that Disney Report is a great blog when it comes to Disney news.  It's totally awesome to have all the news from every aspect of Disney coming from one place in a clear, concise manner.  If you're interested, check out Disney Report at disneyreport.com!  Which brings me to my next point...

Pixar news!

 Image from disneymovieonline.info

I'm sure you've all heard by now, but we got some very interesting news from Disney and Pixar regarding future movies.  First of all, they'll be making a sequel to Monsters Inc!  I am so excited about this.  Monsters Inc. is definitely one of my favorite Pixar movies, and I am extremely pleased that they've decided to make a second one.

Additionally, we've learned that the movie that was initially being called The Bear and the Bow is being retitled Brave.  I think that this is a wise choice as well because I feel that, at least personally, I'd be more inclined to see a movie called Brave than The Bear and the Bow.  But maybe that's just me.  Brave will be Pixar's first fairy tale, which should be very interesting indeed.  One of my favorite things about this movie is that the main character (and assumably the "brave" one that the title mentions) is a girl, to be played by Reese Witherspoon.  It's about time Pixar got a good female protagonist.  I'm definitely pleased with this as well.

We also got some release dates.  As many of you probably know, Toy Story 3 will be coming out this summer, and we can expect Cars 2 next summer (a sequel that I'm not particularly thrilled about, but that's a rant for another day).  Well now we've learned that we can expect Brave to be coming out in the summer of 2012, and Monsters Inc 2 is scheduled for November of that year.  This new information, however, means that it is unlikely that Newt, the movie first scheduled for the summer 2012 spot, will be coming out at that time.  At this rate, it seems more likely that Newt will be coming out more towards summer 2013, but I suppose we won't know anything definite until we get more information.

And finally, on to my last point...

Happy belated birthday, Animal Kingdom!

 Image from orlandofuntickets.com

Yesterday, April 22, was not only Earth Day but the 12th birthday of Disney's Animal Kingdom!  Lots of blogs covered some of the great aspects of this park, and rather than repeat them, I'd like to just link to them here, so you can read for yourself.

On the DVC Life, Kidani Katie expresses her love for Disney's Animal Kingdom, especially during evening extra magic hours.

On ZannaLand, Zanna recalls the opening day of the park and her experiences there.

And finally, on It's a Disney World After All, Rikki discusses some can't miss experience that many people end up missing.

Check these posts out for some great suggestions and memories about the birthday park.



So I hope this post isn't too long.  I guess I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing, and I thought it would be better to make this one long post instead of three separate ones.  As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, so let me know in the comments or on Twitter (@discollegeblog) your opinions on Disney Report, the Pixar news, and Disney's Animal Kingdom.  And happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment