Friday, April 30, 2010

#confessfriday: I've never had a Dole Whip.

I hope that by now you've heard of Confess Friday, but if you haven't, it's awesome!  Confess Friday takes place each Friday on Twitter.  All day, people make confessions about various Disney (and sometimes non-Disney) things with the hashtag #confessfriday at the end.  The best part happens at 7 pm EST when there are rapid-fire confessions.  You can keep track of the confessions by searching #confessfriday, and it's so much fun!  I love gaining new Twitter friends and realizing that there are so many other people out there that love Disney.  Seriously, it's awesome.

But this leads me to my next point:  I have a confession.  Now I'm sure you've read the title by now, but yes, it's true, I've never had a Dole Whip. 

Image from chipandco.com

Okay, have you all recomposed yourselves after fainting?  Cool because I have a question to all you Dole Whip experts.  More of a poll, really.  If you had to choose between a Dole Whip and a Dole Whip float, which would you choose? 

Image from flickr.com

I'm hoping to get a chance to try out both, but just in case, I'd like to know which one people like best.  I've only heard amazing things about both of them, but which one do you prefer?

I'd really like to hear what you'd all have to say, so leave a comment, send me a tweet (@discollegeblog), or post on the Facebook page!  And I hope you participate in #confessfriday.  I bet you'll love it.

7 comments:

  1. I am a Dole Whip man. It has to stand alone, on it's own and be separate from the "float". I take a while to eat my food, so I think the extra liquid dissolves too much of the creamy goodness to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll confess that I don't even know what a Dole Whip is. Can you explain? What is it made of and the flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistymay: From what I understand, it's soft serve pineapple ice cream. I believe there's a vanilla version too. The float has pineapple juice in it. They can be found in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom.

    WDWStevieB: Ooooh, I eat slowly too (especially ice cream), so maybe I should consider the non-float.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just been at WDW I was shocked to find that Dole Whip comes in 3 flavors there; Orange, Pineapple and Vanilla. Being a Disneyland girl myself the only flavor is Pineapple! It is the most refreshing delicious frozen treat ever!! The only way Disney could improve on a Dole Whip would be to dip it in dark chocolate (you know the kind that gets hard and forms a shell)Yuuuummm!! I would go with the Dole Whip over the float for your first experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I didn't know about the orange; thanks for that info! I'm definitely going to try out the pineapple one first, though. It seems that most people think I should try the regular one before the float.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never had one either, and i hear a lot about it on this podcast i listen to (WDW today)....so a couple weeks ago, i finally tried it. possibly the GREATEST thing ever. maybe im over-exaggerating, but it definitely lived up to the hype. i had the regular dole whip, not the float. but you should DEFINITELY try it on your next trip. =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! =) I'm definitely going to.

    ReplyDelete