Thursday, April 8, 2010

Check it out: WDW Today

I thought I'd do another podcast review today because I love my podcasts.  (Ironically enough, I type this as I have four unlistened podcasts in my iTunes, which is driving me crazy.  But hey, it's not my fault that I have tests like crazy, and I want to be loyal to my subscribers... even if there might only be five of you.)  Anyway, today I'd like to talk about the first Disney podcast I ever listened to and one that I still listen to today:  WDW Today.

Don't let the fact that there are over 700 episodes intimidate you, you don't need to start with number one!  All of the episodes are great, and you can start listening from any point.  WDW Today focuses on many different aspects of Walt Disney World, giving a broad range of topics from dining to rides to resorts.  The episodes are generally around 20 minutes long, but on Wednesdays, they do listener question shows that run around 30 minutes.  If you do choose to send in a question, though, don't expect it to be answered until you get back from your trip; the hosts of WDW Today are notoriously slow at getting back to emails (though I'm sure it's due to the quantity of emails they receive).

The hosts of the show are Matt, Mike, Mike, Len, and (the fabulous) Annette, and they all have great chemistry.  You can tell that they really enjoy doing the show and that they're all good friends.  They joke around yet generally keep the show on track, and they're fun to listen to.  They sometimes have guest hosts as well, who are always fun and interesting.

New episodes of WDW Today come out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and there is generally a live show once a month where listeners can call in and ask questions.  I highly recommend checking this podcast out; I bet you'll be hooked after one episode.  Plus, they're short, so they're not very intimidating.  Once you get involved in the show, the hosts hold events and meets a few times a year at Walt Disney World, and various listeners go and hang out.  I'd love to go to one, but for now all I can say is that the live shows that they post later make them sound like a blast!

WDW Today is a great podcast for anyone, young or old, who is interested in Walt Disney World.  I recommend listening to them before a trip and to get your Disney fix between trips.  Check them out at wdwtoday.com.  And if you're looking for a show on a particular topic, you can find them indexed at the wiki here: http://www.wdwtoday.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

What do you think?  Do you listen to WDW Today?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment