Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Check it out: Be Our Guest Podcast

If you know me, you know I love my podcasts, and I really love the Be Our Guest Podcast (BOGP for short).  Right now I almost feel unqualified to write this review because I have two unlistened episodes of this podcast (three if you count the live show) in my iTunes, but it happens, right?  All that matters is that BOGP is awesome.

One of the most interesting things about this podcast is that the episodes aren't always just the hosts talking to each other about various topics.  In many episodes, there are actually special guests on the show that have recently returned from trips to Disney parks.  The guests are interviewed about their experiences and essentially do a verbal trip report.  This concept makes for a really unique and interesting podcast that is unlike any other podcast I've listened to.

The hosts on the Be Our Guest Podcast are awesome too.  Their names are Mike, Rikki, Debbie, and Pam, and they all have their different personalities yet such good chemistry together.  You can tell that they genuinely enjoy doing the show, and it makes it as fun to listen to as it seems like it was to record.  The hosts are one of the reasons that this is my favorite podcasts.

Another reason that I love the Be Our Guest Podcast is the community.  BOGP has message boards for its listeners, and it's a place where lots of Disney fans can get together and talk about anything from recent episodes to Disney resorts to gas prices.  I'm a fairly new member to the message boards, but I can already tell that everyone on there is awesome.  I'm really excited that I get to be a part of it.

New episodes of the Be Our Guest Podcast come out on Mondays and Fridays, and the length usually varies from half an hour to an hour (and live shows are often longer).  I definitely enjoy spending the time each week listening to the episodes (shush, I know I'm behind, but I'm trying to catch up!), and I hope everyone reading this will too!  If you're interested in checking out the Be Our Guest Podcast, you can find them on iTunes or at beourguestpodcast.com.

Now I'd like to hear from you!  Do you listen to BOGP?  Are you going to start?  Let me know in a comment, on Twitter, or on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment